Summary of what schools receive
Following participation, schools receive a comprehensive (standard) report of their student engagement data, including data disaggregated by key variables (e.g., grade level, gender/sex) and comparisons to other participating schools. Schools also receive a file of the raw data with identifiers removed. Reports and raw data files are provided electronically, although hard copies of reports and/or flash drives with raw data can be provided for a small additional fee.
- Executive Summary - provides an overview of survey respondents, along with selected and key findings.
- Frequencies - provides students’ responses broken down by grade level, sex/gender, race/ethnicity, and financial aid status.
- Means Comparisons - provides mean comparisons comparing responses to other participating NAIS schools (Note: Schools participating in HSSSE will also receive a comparison of their data compared to public school norms).
- Dimensions of Engagement - provides comparisons of means within three critical dimensions of engagement measured on the survey:
Cognitive/Academic/Intellectual Engagement, Social/Behavioral/Participatory Engagement, and Emotional Engagement.
- Bar Graphs - provides graphs comparing responses to other participating NAIS schools.
- Open Responses - provides responses to the open response questions on the survey. Note that names of people referenced by students in their comments will be removed.