Following participation, schools receive a comprehensive (standard) report of their student engagement data, including data disaggregated by key variables (e.g., grade level, gender/sex) and comparisons to other participating schools. Schools also receive a file of the raw data with identifiers removed. Reports and raw data files are provided electronically, although hard copies of reports and/or flash drives with raw data can be provided for a small additional fee.
- Executive Summary - provides an overview of survey respondents, along with selected and key findings.
- Frequencies - provides students’ responses broken down by grade level, sex/gender, race/ethnicity, and financial aid status.
- Means Comparisons - provides mean comparisons comparing responses to other participating NAIS schools (Note: Schools participating in HSSSE will also receive a comparison of their data compared to public school norms).
- Dimensions of Engagement - provides comparisons of means within three critical dimensions of engagement measured on the survey:
Cognitive/Academic/Intellectual Engagement, Social/Behavioral/Participatory Engagement, and Emotional Engagement.
- Bar Graphs - provides graphs comparing responses to other participating NAIS schools.
- Open Responses - provides responses to the open response questions on the survey. Note that names of people referenced by students in their comments will be removed.
In addition, schools may request additional (optional, for an additional fee) analyses and reports that might be useful. For example, longitudinal reports are available to schools that have participated in more than one administration of the HSSSE. Also, custom reports are available for schools that have special requests outside of the standard report. Examples of past custom report requests include: gender-specific comparisons (e.g., female respondents compared to female-only respondents from other schools); school-size comparisons (e.g., school compared to other schools of a similar size); and association specific comparisons (e.g., school compared to other schools from the same accrediting association). These are provided for illustrative purposes only. CEPR would be happy to discuss the feasibility of any additional analyses or custom reports with interested schools.