The cost of participating in either MGSSE or HSSSE through the NAIS study includes a participation/user fee and a survey fee based on the number of students participating in the survey. These relatively low costs are made possible due to NAIS’s commitment to encouraging schools’ participation in HSSSE and NSSE. NAIS subsidizes the costs of survey administration and reporting, allowing independent schools to gather student engagement data at lower costs to the school. The cost of the comprehensive (standard) report is included in the Participation Fee and will be delivered electronically. Optional reports may be requested for an additional charge (see below).
I. Survey Participation/User Fee
Upon registration, each school pays a nonrefundable participation/user fee of $400 for each survey (i.e., HSSSE and/or MGSSE). Schools participating in both HSSSE and MGSSE will pay a discounted total fee of $700.
Hard copies are available for a small additional fee. For additional details, please check "Summary of What Schools Receive."
II. Survey Fee
Each school pays a survey fee per student, based on the number of students participating in the survey.
- Online Survey: $1.50 per student.
- Paper/Pencil Survey: $2.00 per student
- Hard Copy Report Fee: $50/copy
- Longitudinal Report Fee: Available to schools who have participated in more than one HSSSE administration. This report will compare school results from year to year and and can be created for an additional $400 fee.
- Special Analysis Fee: Contact us to inquire about additional options for special analyses.